Loud Clunking Noise When Braking

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

May 211997

Grand Prix V6

This clunking noise is driving me crazy. I have had people look at it and they have no idea what it is. So I would have no idea on what to tell anyone due to the fact alls I know is it clunky when I put in reverse.

Update from May 16, 2015: I would like to add asking for the mileage is ridiculous it doesn't matter if the problem exists it exists I do not sit and write my mileage

- , Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Jan 302007

Grand Prix SE 3.2L

I have had my brakes done and redone three times in the last year. I had a friend do them and when I still had problems, took them to the local dealer, when I still had problems I took them back to my local repair man. Everyone tells me I have the best product and there is nothing wrong. All products are in good working condition and have lots of life left to them! But down the road I go clunk clunk clunk when I apply pressure to my brakes! More problems with this Pontiac!

- , New Springfield, OH, USA