NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Turbo-Charger Problems

1.9

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 132007

Grand Prix 6-cyl

After filling my gas tank and paying for gas, I came out to my vehicle and after starting it smoke started coming from the hood! I lift the hood to investigate and the engine was on fire. (there is a report on file with the fairfiel township police and fire depts.) walker Pontiac in dayton Ohio replaced the engine, I have since received a letter noting the problem with the engine but there has been no recall to date. I have been warned not to park in the garage as this continues to be a problem and there has been an incident of home fire with injuries, due to the vehicle catching fire in the garage!!!

- Dayton, OH, USA