2002 Pontiac Grand Prix fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Apr 302012

Grand Prix SE 3.1L

Well let me start off my saying throw me a life jacket. Because when it rains I get a pond on my drivers side floor. My engine light comes on and off all the time. When I turn my heat on it only works on 5, that's when my blower motor isn't fried from the rain running down into my dash.

We replaced the EGR valve because the code read there was a problem with the emissions system, we still don't know whats wrong. Sometimes the ABS/traction control light comes on and my car looks like a Christmas tree all lit up with all the pretty orange lights:( This was my dream car, now it's my worst nightmare). Grand Prix's are only pretty on the outside but, very orange on the inside.

Take my advice buy foreign because American cars are pieces of junk.

- , Cleveland, Ohio, mexico

Apr 122004

Grand Prix GT

Service engine soon light constantly goes on. First time I went to the dealer to fix it.. they said that whatever the problem was, was fixed. Then the light came back 6 days later. The second time, the dealer said that the catalytic converter needed to be changed, so they did that. The light went back on 3 days later. Now I have to take the car back again, and it makes me feel like they're just going to reset the light every time I take it back. They keep telling me that the light can mean a number of things, but seriously, if it goes back on so soon after they service it, it really makes me feel like it's the same problem. I lost 2 days of work becuase of this problem, and they wouldn't give a loaner car for anything. ANNOYING! My mechanic says that this problem has something to do with the gas tank and the pressure there... or something. But the dealer won't listen to me. I think this will be the last GM car that I'm ever going to get. Pontiac keeps saying "I'm sorry to hear that." and doesn't do anything. What kind of customer service is that??? I'm really disappointed with the car and their service. Customer beware.

- , Brooklyn, NY, USA