Windshield Wipers Stuck

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

7.2

2. new fuse (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 012008

Grand Prix

On occasion, when turning off the wipers, they would come to a stop in a complete vertical position, which obstructed vision, and made me look like a complete moron driving down the road with them up (surprised I never got a ticket!)

I've heard that there's a small "park" tab on the wiper transmission that a limit switch strikes, which should cause it to stop. This tab wears down and rounds off, making it unusable.

I don't know if that fix works or not because I traded that car in for my wonderful Impala (which you can find on this site under Lights and Transmission problems, along with others).

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 012011

Grand Prix V6

Just really would like it fixed! Wish that it would be covered under some kind of warranty! Don't have the money to pay for it!

- , DavisJunction, IL, USA

Dec 082010

Grand Prix LS 3.2L V6

passenger side wiper stopped working completely, tried to tighten it up, but that wasn't the problem

- , Emporia, KS, USA

Mar 172009

Grand Prix GT 3.8L V6

All I had to do was change the fuse myself. It's not hard and for sure cheaper than taking it to a shop.

- , Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Dec 012005

Grand Prix

Just one day all of a sudden when I turned my windshield wipers off, they stopped in the middle of my windshield. We took it to the shop where he said that we needed some piece replace. Somehow it had bent. They were going to charge $350.00. He looked my dad in the eye and said, "Sir, you cannot just bend the piece back." My dad said, "Ok." We went home, my dad bent the piece back, and it's been 3 years and we've never had another problem with it.

- , Greenwood, SC, USA