Intake Eating Coolant And Oil

9.3

1. repaired by private mechanic (2 reports)
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 232012

Grand Prix SE 3.1L

I have already replaced almost everything in the cooling system. I get done fixing one thing, only to have the next thing in line go a few weeks later. I have thrown so much money into this car to make it last because I cannot afford a new car right now. But, I also can't afford a new motor!! And what good will it do me to put a new $1500 motor in a car that is worth $1000? Every few weeks, I have to add anywhere from a few quarts to 1 gallon of anti-freeze to replace what has been lost!! I wouldn't be in this situation if GM would have used something other than DEX-COOL! I guarantee I would not be having this problem if I had a Toyota with the same year and mileage!!

- , Cambridge, OH, USA

Dec 082011

Grand Prix 3.8L

Gm should have known this would become a problem and had a recall. This is apparently a very very common problem with the 3.8 engine as well as the car catching on fire problem

- , Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Jul 152009

Grand Prix GT 3800 V6

Having PRIVATE mechanic replace this time not DEALERSHIP (2nd occurrance after only 2 years)

Says there is a new kit available that is better than GM part replacement.

Funny thing, had taken car in 30 days prior, for recall, to dealership, and had 10 point inspection done, gee they didn't see it, or just didn't want to replace it again. NOT HAPPY with Dealership service for not disclosing that this problem is a reoccurring event in these cars.

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA