8.7

1. new engine (2 reports)
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 212013

Grand Prix SE 3.1L V6

So I had to replace the intake manifold gasket on my 2003 Pontiac grand prix, it was getting oil in my coolant, and it cost me $700, that was less than 3 weeks ago. Yesterday as I was on my way to work (mind you it is freezing outside 46° and I have my 2 year old daughter with me) my car starts knocking very loudly.. I had to turn around, missed work, took my car back to the shop who fixed the intake manifold gasket, couldn't drive over 24 mph because it would start knocking really loud. I am so fed up with fixing this car, I've had it for 2 years and it has been a headache. I only hope and pray whatever it is this time it isn't expensive. I just spent $300 on new tires on it last week so altogether $1000 in less than a month. I've had to replace the radiator, the thermostat, just numerous problems since I had it.. I plan on fixing it and just getting rid of it, Christmas is right around the corner and I'm draining my bank account on this car..

- , Clute, TX, USA

Jan 292010

Grand Prix GT

One month ago, I had to replace the Intake Gasket ($500) on my 2003 Grand Prix. I was told by the mechanic that Anti-Freeze was leaking into my Engine and that the Intake Gasket would need to be replaced. After having those repairs done (one month later), My Engine is knocking. I took the car back to the Auto Repair Shop and was informed that I would have to replace the Engine. The car is only 6 years old, one Driver, 85,000 Miles and regular Oil Changes. This is a VERY POOR REFLECTION on the GMAC 3800 Series! GM should have accepted some responsibility for this Problem that obviously several GM Owners are experiencing.

Signed - Totally Disatisfied Driver !

- , Gary, IN, USA

Jul 192008

Grand Prix SE 3.1L V6

Happened when i went to change lanes, thought i was dragging something, but got out of the car and listened to the engine, knock knock knock.

- , West Jordan, UT, USA