NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

6.8

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 072004

Grand Prix

Three seperate incidents (icy roads) when my 2003 Grand Prix gtp accelerated on it's own(11,000km). Dealer not able to find the problem. Two of the three were near misses of head on collisions in school zones. They said there was no problem because the computer hadn't coded anything. They put the data recorder into car. I caught one acceleration after winter was over. Then the dealer was a little nicer and didn't treat me like some dumb woman who didn't know how to drive. (maybe somethings wrong with the computer!!) any way they changed the throttle position sensor. I thought yes finally I can drive this car I paid $36,000 for and feel relaxed. Well guess what no I don't get to because that was not the problem the car still accelarates when in low speeds. They are not changing anything else at the moment and want another snap shot. Well they have one, a new one really isn't going to help because they do not want to look at changing anything else. I am already having nightmares of driving this car next winter because I'll never feel safe in it again!! when I asked to trade it in they only offered me $17,500 on their product that is unsafe on which I paid $36,000 is still like new and only has 17,000.00km. So when someone ends up killed maybe they won't be so quick to turn their heads away! when I read the articles written by people who have killed someone and claim their vehicle accelarated on them and they could not control it.I know how they feel. The only way I could stop my car was to take it out of drive !! \frustrated

- High Level, 00, USA