7.1

1. replace blower motor (7 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Aug 272011

Grand Prix V6

This is the third time in three years (i have only owned the car for almost 4 years now) that the blower motor went out. This time I was under the one year part warranty but over the mileage. The dealership that repaired it both times prior will not do anything for me. So I started a search to see if this is a common issue with my car type before I file a BBC on the dealership that fixed it. Has anyone had this issue?

- , Waukesha, WI, USA

Sep 302011

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

It's the third time I have to replace the motor, I also had to change twice the module !!!!

And this in a very short time, approx. 1 to 2 years!

- , Saint-Hubert, QUÉBEC, canada

Sep 022011

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6

So annoying! It happened in the Texas summer, 100 to 105F and no AC!!!

- , Houston, Texas, USA

Aug 092010

Grand Prix

On top of having this repaired at $600.00, now 6 months later the control module for the heater/AC needs to be replaced at another $280.00. What is next? This car is nickel and dime-ing me to death. I am going to junk this car and NEVER drive another Grand Prix again.

- , Penn Yan, NY, USA

Jun 142010

Grand Prix GTP

I HAVE A 2004 GTP. I'VE HAD ABOUT 2 YEARS. THE FAN ALWAYS SEEMED VERY WEAK. THE ONLY VENT THAT HAD REAL FORCE WAS THE CENTER VENT. NOT SURE IF THATS NORMAL. RECENTLY THE FAN STOPPED MOVING AIR COMPLETELY. A FEW DAYS LATER IT WORKED AGAIN, THE NEXT DAY I SMELLED A BURNT ELECTRIC SMELL COMING FROM THE VENT, THEN IT STOPPED A LITTLE LATER. IT HAS COME ON A FEW TIMES SINCE THEN BUT VERY BRIEFLY. A MECHANIC LOOKED AT IT AND SAID THAT IT WAS THE BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL MODULE AND WOULD COST $300 TO FIX. I WANT TO FIX IT MYSELF.

IS WHAT HE SAID CORRECT THAT ITS THE MODULE? WHERE IS THAT LOCATED AND WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? WHERE CAN I GET THE PART?

- , Cp, IN, USA

Jan 052010

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6 Sc

This is my second 2004 Grand Prix. Both had to have the blower motor replaced. The blower motor made horrible sounds and squeeled when I turned it on.

- , Lincolnville, S.C, USA

Aug 172009

Grand Prix GTP 3.2L

The blower motor burnt up and smoke filled the inside of the car!!!

- , Huntington, IN, USA

Jan 092007

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6 Supercharged

This is the second blower motor for this car. The first was replaced under warraty when the car was one year old.

- , Oak Park, Michigan, USA

Aug 082006

Grand Prix GTP

The blower motor (a/c) shorted out. The mechanic informed us that it was a good thing the fuse blew or the car would have caught on fire. My finance was leaving work when this happened and thankfully not driving down the highway. I find it extremely hard to believe that a 2004 car is already having a/c problems, of course the warranty expired 10,000 miles ago. What a crock of sh*t!

- , Lee's Summit, Missouri, USA