Blower Motor Works Intermittently

7.0

2. stop rain water from leaking into the blower motor (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Dec 052012

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L V6 Supercharged

stupid blower motor wont work unless i smack the dash.

- , Indiana, PA, USA

May 312013

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

Water comes into the car from under dash board and affects the blower motor or motor switch where it works intermittently or often not at all. The problem continues even though I've had the blower motor and switch replaced because water continues to enter the vehicle under the dash. Happens in the rain or if I go through a car wash. Anyone know why water would be able to enter and how to fix? I'm thinking the solution may be something simple, maybe a space between the wind shield somewhere that allows water to enter through the dash on the passenger side and soak the floor?

- , Londonderry, NH, USA

Dec 242011

Grand Prix GTP 3.8L

I've recently noticed that the blower motor don't turn ON when is required, even when I start the A/C (the check engine light is ON) I check the codes to see the problem and appears the temp sensor.. however when I've sent to repair, the mechanic mention that both fans are working perfect I don't know why sometimes turn ON and sometimes don't.

- , Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 102011

Grand Prix

My mechanic doesn't know where the water leaks in from. He believes me after I brought it in after my last car wash. It was -25 C. The blower filled with water and didn't work. He took it apart and it was frozen solid. More ice found in the housing. Now that its dried out it works perfectly.. Until it rains or I wash the car again... Or use the windshield washers.. Otherwise the blower fills with water and works intermittently. Powering up and down as the water swishes around. The floor on the passenger side always gets real wet too. Once left outside during the rain, we had one inch of water from front to back seat on the floor.

- , Dugald, Manitoba, canada