NHTSA — Service Brakes, Air: Antilock Problems

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Oct 072004

Grand Prix 6-cyl

My accident happened on a sunny dry day. I was driving home from work doing about 45 mph when the vehicle in front of me had hit a car that was stopped for the light. I was the fourth car back and had heard the crash. I slammed on the brakes and they grabbed and then proceeded to just continue to go and basically my car hit the back of a truck causing about $10,000 in damage and sending me to the hospital. I had enough room behind that vehicle to stop. It was like the pedal just went to the floor and I had no brakes. I am also concerned because the air bag also did not deploy. GM told me that it's because the bumpers did not meet with each other. More lies if you ask me. I think they need to have these vehicles checked before someone really get hurt bad. This has cost me much grief, loss of work and out of pocket money.

- Buffalo, NY, USA