Main Wiring Harness Under Hood Caught Fire

2. replace car (1 reports)
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Feb 112014

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

GM, do something. It did this in days of the recall notice.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Nov 252013

Grand Prix GT 3.8L

click to see larger images

main wiring harness under hood caught fire main wiring harness under hood caught fire main wiring harness under hood caught fire main wiring harness under hood caught fire

I picked my daughter up from my mom's where she gets off the bus. I pulled out of the driveway and made it 100 feet before I had to quickly pull off the side of the road, pop the hood & commence to getting my daughter out of the car and trying to put the fire out. According to the Firemen, the fire started when the main wiring harness wires caught fire. I was unsuccessful with putting out the fire, and called the fire department. I waited rather impatiently as they were getting there & then playing bumper trucks with each other & 10 minutes later they were hosing it down!

It's a total loss & was just paid off last payday!!!! I am immensely angry! I have never seen a car on fire, let alone drove one with my 9 year old in the car!

- , Snow Camp, NC, USA