NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Nov 012007

Grand Prix 6-cyl

I've read two other complaints (10187874 - 10154674) in regards to the no-start. I've had concerns with this for over a year. Rarely, the car will start fine. Mostly, I found that I must give acceleration at start-up for a successful start. Otherwise, the car will either not catch or it'll jerk and stall out. Other than this, the car is fine. It's annoying, but I've grown used to it since it's on an every-day level. I live in tn, so we are in relatively warm climate. It's not an issue of weather. I contacted my local Pontiac retail facility and they advised me they have two other gp's with the same issue. They said it may be the fuel pump going out. I haven't taken it in yet.

- Linden, TN, USA