NHTSA — Other Problems

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Feb 062008

Grand Prix

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix slid into the median. Consumer states that the vehicle slid into the median wall. The police report stated the left rear tire was worn. (Ohio traffic crash report # 10-0072-90).

- Merrillville, IN, USA

May 232005

Grand Prix

I read the complaint about the vehicle under body being soaked from a driver taken it through the automatic car wash. I just noticed that my clothes left on the seat in passenger side front and back. That also the carpet and mats were saturated as well was my clothes. So I obviously have the same problem as the other complainant. I haven't taken it in yet but I am going to see if something can be done. Not sure of exact incident date. I know my clothes have been soaked for a few months now I have noticed but never thought anything of it. Then I lifted up the mat the other day. And noticed the carpet.

- Columbia City, IN, USA

May 152005

Grand Prix 6-cyl

During heavy rain water leaks into the pasenger side floor and under the carpet. It seems to be coming in through the fresh air intake.

- Atkinson, NH, USA

Jun 032004

Grand Prix 6-cyl

Leakage, I found after a rain storm that there was water coming up into my passenger side floor boards which in turn made my carpet completely soaked. This just happened to my 2004 Grand Prix and also happened to my aunts 2004 Grand Prix as well. Will be calling dealer on Monday morning to have resolved will keep posted.

- Danville, PA, USA

May 302005

Grand Prix 6-cyl

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix engine shuts down while driving. Immediate failure of power steering (impossible to make a turn while driving= scary!); electric/ electronic failure also. Then, after a complete stop, and key off ignition, the car restarts like nothing happens. The car when twice to the dealership, and did not find anything. They think that we don't know how to drive a car! this is a serious matter, and very dangerous! if someone dies from this occurrence, investigation will not concluded to this problem, but more likely to the lost of control of the driver! it happens 3 times to us already, and once with a grand-prix rental. Please check it.

- Miami, FL, USA