2006 Pontiac Grand Prix seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Feb 242008

Grand Prix 6-cyl

My sister was driving my car which is a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. She was traveling South bound on a highway, when a Jeep Cherokee pulled out in front of her. My sister was going about 55 to 60 mph, when the accident occurred. The airbag on the driver side steering wheel did not deploy. However, my sister was not injured too bad from the accident. I called the Pontiac manufacturer, and they said that because she was not seriously injured that they were not too concerned about it. However if she was seriously injured then they were going to be concerned and look into it. I would think that a vehicle collision at about 60 mph the air bag would deploy.

- Hope, IN, USA