2006 Pontiac Grand Prix seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Jan 012013

Grand Prix

The contact owned a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle veered to the right and the power steering failed and caused the vehicle to crash into a store. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Sep 202014

Grand Prix

I was driving West bound on I-10 towards tucson Arizona. I was in the right lane and there was a pickup truck in the left lane. The pickup truck cut me off and moved into my lane without checking his blind spot. I quickly swerved to the right into the lane for the upcoming exit to avoid being hit, and when I tried to correct to left in order to not hit exit sign the brakes felt as if they did not work right and I couldn't get control of the vehicle. The car went into a roll and landed on the passenger side. None of the airbags deployed. I had left town the day before and was on my way back. When I contacted my parents about the accident on the 21st they told me that a recall had come in the mail the day before for my vehicle. The recall was the GM recall notice. Because I was unaware of the recall I had many keys on my key ring. I feel that although the reason I had to swerve was because of another car, the reason I couldn't get back control was a malfunction in my car.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 272014

Grand Prix

The contact owns a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The contact stated while driving approximately 55 mph, he fell asleep and the vehicle crashed into a ditch. The air bags failed to deploy and he sustained multiple injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000.

- Lonsdale, MN, USA

Oct 312013

Grand Prix

The contact owns a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact crashed the vehicle into a deer. The vehicle spun out of control and rolled over multiple times. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact had to be cut from the vehicle and sustained neck and back injuries. The contact received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Hopewell, VA, USA

Oct 312013

Grand Prix

TL - the contact owns a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact crashed the vehicle into a deer. The vehicle spun out of control and rolled over multiple times. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact had to be cut from the vehicle and sustained neck and back injuries. The contact received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. Jcc

- Hopewell, VA, USA

Apr 062011

Grand Prix 6-cyl

While parking the car and moving it in my building parking lot the air bags deploy so fast and hard that broke the windshield both air bags came on, I called my insurance they havent done nothing I file a claim and I have bumper to bumper warranty they dont want to covered it and I called the dealer they said for me to call GM corporated. No one wants to do anything my son hurt his hand and driver got hit on his shoulder the cars is still at the parking lot where I live at, the air bags deploy for no cause no accident.

- South Chicagoheights, IL, USA

Mar 012010

Grand Prix

I purchased a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix, I have been reading the complaints on this site about airbags not deploying in severe accidents. I have also noticed that there was a recall on the 2006 Buick lacrosse which is mechanically identical to the Grand Prix. In theory because the two cars are basically the same but have different names and different sheet metal it is quite likely that they suffer form the same problem. However, the Grand Prix has not been recalled.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jan 122008

Grand Prix 6-cyl

The vehicle slid on ice therefore spinning into a 360 whereupon the vehicle impacted with a bridge then the opposite side of the bridge with the initial impact at 70 mph. The vehicle hit the bridge with the front end and the rear end, however the airbag never deployed and the seatbelt did not tighten.

- Upton, WY, USA