2006 Pontiac Grand Prix seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix:

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Owner Comments

Apr 062011

Grand Prix 6-cyl

While parking the car and moving it in my building parking lot the air bags deploy so fast and hard that broke the windshield both air bags came on, I called my insurance they havent done nothing I file a claim and I have bumper to bumper warranty they dont want to covered it and I called the dealer they said for me to call GM corporated. No one wants to do anything my son hurt his hand and driver got hit on his shoulder the cars is still at the parking lot where I live at, the air bags deploy for no cause no accident.

- South Chicagoheights, IL, USA

Mar 012010

Grand Prix

I purchased a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix, I have been reading the complaints on this site about airbags not deploying in severe accidents. I have also noticed that there was a recall on the 2006 Buick lacrosse which is mechanically identical to the Grand Prix. In theory because the two cars are basically the same but have different names and different sheet metal it is quite likely that they suffer form the same problem. However, the Grand Prix has not been recalled.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jan 122008

Grand Prix 6-cyl

The vehicle slid on ice therefore spinning into a 360 whereupon the vehicle impacted with a bridge then the opposite side of the bridge with the initial impact at 70 mph. The vehicle hit the bridge with the front end and the rear end, however the airbag never deployed and the seatbelt did not tighten.

- Upton, WY, USA