1999 Pontiac Montana electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Montana:

1999 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Aug 092008

Montana

Dealer sold me a Pontiac Montana minivan and I only had it for 2 weeks, and it won't start, it had a carfax report that said it was in a car accident, this was not told or revealed to me by the dealer. Now I am stranded without a car to get around and no warranty was given. I ask for a warranty the salesman said it only comes with financing.

- Stlouis, MO, USA

Nov 012004

Montana 6-cyl

We have only had our van a year. We have had problems since we got it. One thing after another. First coolant leaking, electrial problems, intake gasket leaking. Replaced 11/05. Motor failed 1/05. Door mailfunction.

- Ferguson, MO, USA

Mar 152003

Montana

The passenger side sliding door did not lock when the consumer pushed the automatic key control button.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Oct 142000

Montana 6-cyl

I had three transmissions, a cracked head because of over heating, water pump and heat sensor, oil in one cylinder, a short in the rear lights with dealer saying I (should replace the lighting structure on both sides) $200. ABS system sensor front right side wire burned through $500. The $200 and $500 I have not done yet, should I wait until it's an even $1000 more to spend more money? there are more problems.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Jul 271999

Montana

The air bag light came on shortly after purchase while having other electrical system problems. It has been addressed more than 3 times by the dealer, whom I will no longer take my vehicle to for work. The air bag light is still malfunctioning, along with other electrical system failures presently occuring. The air bag light causes me great concern regarding possible unwarranted deployment leading to injury or accident.

- Putnam, CT, USA