Replacement Engine Failure

1. engine replacement (2 reports)
  2. Repair with steel replacement gasket(s) (1 reports)
1999 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Montana:

1999 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Apr 152009

Montana 3.4L

The cam shaft broke in half. Ruined the block and cost$1100 in machine work to fix. Removed the engine from the van and had to totally rebuild it

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

May 082007

Montana V6

The cooling system of this van is really designed very badly: the intake manifold, coolant and the radiator cap, which caused engine failure. The gasket leaked because of a special coolant added to its radiator (Dexcool) for some reason a bad mixture of it will cause the gasket to leak and eventually permanently damage the engine. It happened to me, almost killed my entire family when the engine locked up and I can't control the van. Pontiac Corp. won't deal with me to assist me with my problem. This is why I won't buy any more American made junk, I mean cars. I will not recommend them to my family and friends. I swear that they have lost my business forever!!! Do not buy Pontiac made vans or cars. Oh by the way, I found out that they have discontinued making Pontiac Montanas, the last model was 2006. I wonder why....

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 022007

Montana Extended 3.4L V6

Replacement engine is showing the same problems as the original. Displays service engine soon light after highway driving and car begins to shudder. Very disappointed.

- , Bloomington, MN, USA