Shuts Down While Driving

2000 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Montana:

2000 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Aug 032014

Montana GTP 3.8L

I have owned this car since it was new. It has been regularly maintained and serviced. For the last year the engine shuts down while driving with no warning. We have had all of the sensors replaced a new fuel filter new headgaskets a new main computer everything 5 mechanics have said needs done. Still shuts down. This car was my baby. I refuse to drive it and am now driving a diesel dually daily. My husband thinks it can be fixed. I told him happy driving because after it shutting down onme at 75 mph on a windy freeway I will never drive it again. I think this is a problem that chevrolet is and has been aware of for a long time and after driving chevys for years I will never purchase another one.

- , twin falls, ID, USA