NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

5.0

2001 Pontiac Montana electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Montana:

2001 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jul 152003

Montana 6-cyl

I was coming back from Pennsylvania to North Carolina in July from a trip and when I arrived at my destination. I shut the car off and took the key out of the ignition, and I could not get out the car, did not unlock on its own. When I did get the car door open the radio was still playing, the windows were going up and down, and the on star was still on it was like that for 2 hours. When I finally got home from my friends house the same thing happened... we did hit a huge rain storm the whole way down. I have taking it to the dealership (brian Pontiac), and they can not reproduce the problem.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA