NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System Problems

2001 Pontiac Montana exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Montana:

2001 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Mar 132008

Montana 6-cyl

When driving my 2001 Pontiac Montana at highway speed I start to feel very dizzy, get headaches, almost faint. I was told a certain valve near the engine needed to be replaced, along with the oxygen sensor, the maf sensor, and the spark plugs needed to be replaced. After researching the internet it seems that many 2001 Montanas have the same problems. Which seems to me to be very dangerous. I have ended up in the urgent care and almost passed our several times. I have three young children and they are also affected by it, as well as my husband. I think the dealership needs to do a recall on this vehicle or something needs to be done. I have outstanding medical bills and am lucky that my and my family are still alive. So I am going to still research and see what I need to do because I am going to need to get this fixed, get another van which I can not afford, or get an attorney. Thanks for any advice.

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Dec 012001

Montana

A malfunction within exhaust system is causing fumes to escape, and resulting in driver and passengers becoming ill. Dealer has yet to be contacted.

- Ashburn, GA, USA