Battery Cable Keeps Coming Loose

6.0

2002 Pontiac Montana electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Montana:

2002 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jul 092007

Montana EXT Whl Base 3.2L L V6

The battery was replaced with a new one in May 2007. This was because the post's was melted off, we thought it was because of the engine overheating due to the manifolds - these were replaced. Since the new battery installation, every 20 to 30 days I pull the car into my driveway and the next time I start it to leave - guess what, nothing. There is a click-click, then clunk and no electrical at all. The repair shop will come and pick it up and then find out the cable came off again. This time they used LockTite to secure it to the post - is this safe?

Anyone else experiencing this problem with any vehicle? I need to drive to and from FL from MI next week with two kids, I hate to have it happen enroute - without my mechanics. They are not charging me for any of the battery cable fixes.

- , Dearborn, MI, USA