Windows Stopped Working

2. replace power window switchs and lube the channels (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Montana windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Montana:

2002 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Nov 162009

Montana LX V6

Within days of purchasing this vehicle at a reputable car dealership - Don Ayres Pontiac Honda GM of Fort Wayne, both driver and passenger side windows started having difficulties working and eventually stopped working altogether. My drivers side sliding door window is also rattling and is very annoying. I took the vehicle to the dealership today and since I have no warranty, I had to pay $42.50 just to have them look at it! That's ridiculous - whatever happened to free estimates, after all I just bought the vehicle from them! Turns out, I need a LF Window Switch, which installed will be $136, a Left Front Run Channel and a Right Front Run Channel, both of which will be $292 each installed! That's almost $750 worth of fixes for a vehicle I just purchased! Unfortunately, I am not working and since I paid cash for the vehicle, I can't afford to have the work done! The whole reason I purchased the vehicle there was b/c I thought they did a full service check. Apparently, all they did was an oil change and cleaned the engine! So much for thinking I did really good on this purchase. All that aside, I love the vehicle, I only wish it was checked out better before being sold!

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

May 022007

this is just one thing in a long list of problems... gas gauge doesn't work, rear windows don't work, radio display doesn't work. when I open driver's door bell starts going like I left the key in. Rear brake lights don't work half the time. left headlight keeps going out. just the other day, the entire front consul lights and headlights went out. You can manually turn on the headlights but everything else will not work. Passenger window got stuck in down position, had to get pulled up and still have not replaced motor.

- , Fairborn, OH, USA