Engine Overheating

1. i had the intake manifold replaced (1 reports)
  3. replaced radiator and water pump (1 reports)
2003 Pontiac Montana cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Montana:

2003 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jul 012013

I bought the van when it was two years old. It worked fine for the first two years and then I noticed the temperature gauge climbing higher. Had the radiator flushed and filled and for a time it seemed to help. This past year it got worse. The day I took the van in for Motor Vehicle Inspection (mandatory in Nova Scotia) the gauge went into the danger zone. I pulled over and called a tow truck. The mechanic said it was most likely the coolant leaking into the head. The cost to fix was way up there and since I am a widow and have a fixed, limited income it was not an option since I have sunk a lot of money into this van in the past two years. There comes a point when you just have to say enough. Well, now I find that this very problem is a BIG ISSUE with these Montanas. If it was such a big issue then why did GMC not recall them and fix them? I can see why Pontiac is no longer on the market. It was definitely nerve wracking to be driving with your knuckles turning white while watching the gage rising. I had to drive at times with the heater on in 34C weather. My poor dog was almost cooked. Now I have the task of trying to get rid of it. I am going to advertise it to see if I can get my money back that it cost me to get the MVI done. Wish me luck and I will not be buying another GMC product. Amen!!!

- , Halifax, N.S, Canada

Oct 012009

Montana 3.4L

we replace water pump because it started to get hot, then it started to get hot again, took off radiator and it was one thing after another I know you have maintence to a car, but it becoming a joke what can go wrong next.

- , Knightstown, IN, USA

Nov 122007

Montana 3.4L V6

I was on the expressway in the evening stuck in traffic when my car decided to overheat. fortunately I was close to an exit and was able to get off the road. I took the vehicle to my local garage where it was determined the intake manifold needed to be replaced. I was told by my mechanics this is a common problem with this engine. $851.00 later I was back on the road. In April I saw an article in my local paper about a class action suite against GM for this exact problem. You can find out more about the suite at .

- , Ferndale, MI, USA