Difficulties Starting

2003 Pontiac Montana engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Montana:

2003 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Nov 262010

Montana 6 cyl

I purchased the car in May, used from a dealer. The 3rd day I had the car it wouldn't start. The dealer replaced the battery and all seamed well with the world. Two months later it happened again. I got towed to my mechanic (paid for towing) and it was a pain in the get to the battery to check the connections. All tightened, replaced a sensor, few other issues and $399.00 later I was off and running. It is now the end of November. Two days before Thanksgiving my radio shows the word PHONE and I have no radio. Car seems to be running fine. Thought it might be the ON-STAR system so I called them. They say the system is deactivated, therefore it is not the problem. Today, day after Thanksgiving, I go out to start my car and I have click, click, click, nothing......... What the ????????

I hope this is not going to persist. It is extremely inconvenient, plus, my mechanic has done diagnostic on this car twice, now, and says the system isn't showing a problem. Don't know what to do and it pisses me off.

- , IndiaNA, PA, USA

Oct 182010

Montana 3.6L V6

The car will run fine most of the time, then it just will not start. The starter turns, there is a spark but it appears no fuel to the engine. I have taken the car to four different machanics. Twice the car started each time, no problem observed. The last to times they could find the probelm. I ahve had the battery replaced, fuel pump relay replaced and now they want to replace the fuel pump itself, without assurances that this is the problem.

HJas anyone else experienced this problem? If so please conytact me at

- , Norfolk, VA, USA