8.0

2004 Pontiac Montana accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Montana:

2004 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Montana 3.4L V6

If you have one of these and plan to change the radio out yourself, which is fairly easy, save yourself the trouble. GM wants $750 for a replacement radio. So I thought I'd go to a wreckers and find one. I did get one for $100. Brought it back and installed it, but because of the anti-theft it wouldn't work. The display said locked. I searched the net for instructions to unlock it, but that year must be taken in to a GM dealer to unlock it. They wanted $250 to do it. I said screw that! I did manage to just replace the face of the old stereo with the one I got from the wreckers and it worked..... for about a year, now this one is dead too.

I'd put in an aftermarket, but this van has the DVD package and I'd have to replace the works. I'm not keeping this thing, so forget it!

- , Regina, Saskatchewan, canada