NHTSA — Seats: Front Assembly: Seat Heater/Cooler Problems

2004 Pontiac Montana accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Montana:

2004 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Dec 192005

I had a scary morning! the driver's seat in my car caught fire this morning. I dropped the kids off at the babysitters house and I left my car running. I go back out and thought I smelled smoke. I thought well maybe my seat had some paper or some trash on it so I turned it off. I drove about 4 blocks and I felt like my leg was on fire. So I pulled over and I saw this smoke coming out of my seat and about a 1-1 1/2" inch slit where my seat had been burnt! so I drove to the car dealership driving in an awkward position. Apparently this happens all the time? or frequently enough that the service center wasn't surprised when I told them my seat was on fire. I dread what would have happened had it been my passenger seat and had been accidentally turned on because I had a stack full of papers and magazines on it. I had noticed that my seat warmer was getting extremely hot lately but didn't attribute it to a defect but more to a sensitivity with heat due to my pregnancy.

- Tipton, IN, USA