NHTSA — Communications: Back Up Alarm Problems

2004 Pontiac Montana electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Montana:

2004 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Dec 212004

Montana 6-cyl

I have two complaints that no one seems to be interested in. First one is the back up sensor not correctly installed. People at the service department said it was working fine, but it only worked occasionally. It finally showed me that it wasn't working on a date that I backed into a parked car not knowing it was so close, and I had to maximize all the space I could to get out of my parking space. Luckily, there was no damage to their or my vehicle, but it's the idea of a part of my vehicle that I paid extra for not working. Also, after hearing of the recall on the motorized door, I thought it was for the pressure the door put on and object before realizing there was something there, but apparently it's only for the handle on the inside. You might want to question how hard the door shuts before it will retract when an arm, leg, body, etc is in it. I'm a grown woman and have been hurt by the door before by accidently hitting the button on the door panel or when keys are in my pocket. I'd hate to see how bad one of my kids would be hurt with it.

- Churubusco, IN, USA