NHTSA — Suspension Problems

2006 Pontiac Montana suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Pontiac Montana:

2006 Pontiac Montana Owner Comments

Mar 102015

Montana 6-cyl

I have bought a 2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 from a dealer within 10 days of having the van the ball joint fell completely out while we were driving home with kids in car dealer fixed it free of charge but I had to pay the towing bill....I change all 4 tires and now my van is making a squeaking and clunking sound...I believe it is the rear def.also none of my power doors work and the back windshield wiper keeps burning out now the dealer will not help me fix the problem with out paying more money please help me with some advice in what to do I've only had van for 3 mnths and I bought the van for $3500 dollars van...thanks sincerely a Pontiac owner.

- Forest City, PA, USA

Feb 242014

Montana 6-cyl

My wife was driving along a country road when the passenger side rear ball joint separated, causing the rear to drop and pulling the vehicle to the side. Thankfully, it was not the driver's side, because she was passing a school and the buses were leaving. I had the vehicle towed to a garage where we inspected it. Although the ball joint was a lifetime lubricated unit, it was worn and failed. Upon further inspection, the driver's side was worn and, in the interest of safety, was replaced, as well. Total cost was $1403.44. When researching for recalls, I discovered that there is a recall in Canada for this exact problem on this vehicle, but there is none in the us, although they were all built in the same plant!. here's the link for the Canadian recall:

- Lake Ariel, PA, USA