NHTSA — Engine Problems

2007 Pontiac Solstice engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Solstice:

2007 Pontiac Solstice Owner Comments

Aug 032015

When I started to slow down or engage the break, the car will jerk forward. It's gotten worse and more frequent daily since I noticed it, to the point where I'm too afraid to drive it at all anymore

- West Haven, CT, USA

Jun 192015

Recall 2007 for rear axle pinion seal and for air bags, electrical system. An going issue for these vehicles which GM refuses to take responsibility for. Both were "repaired" in original recall but are recurring. I made contact with GM and they will not take any action on either problem. The vehicle has 51000 original miles. Repairs cost me over $3500 for both on 6/19/2015. GM case # 71-1488399100.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Dec 122014

Solstice 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. On 12/12/14, while driving my vehicle I observed issues with my brakes. While driving about 35 mph and applying the brakes the car jerked as if the brakes went out. I had issues with this last month and a mechanic informed me that my transmission was not shifting correctly. I cannot afford to replace all these parts. I believe it has to do with the multiple recalls on my vehicle. I have read other individuals dealing with the same issue. It is very dangerous and needs to be brought to owners attention this can result on many more deaths. I cannot drive my car because of the brakes jerking so hard. I am going to have my car towed to a local GM dealership. Please research this for the safety of owners and other individuals on the road !!!!

- Odessa, TX, USA

May 152014

Solstice 4-cyl

After having my transmission replaced, my throttle sticks and erratically idles. When putting it in neutral and rolling to a stop my car idles up to 3000 RPM.

- Havelock, NC, USA

Apr 102014

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under recall NHTSA campaign number: 14E021000 (engine). The contact stated that he was made aware that parts were not available in order to perform the repairs for the recall. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Salamanca, NY, USA

Apr 072014

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. The contact stated that he received a manufacturer's recall notification letter pertaiing to the engine and the dealer informed him that the part needed was unavailable. The contact stated that he was very frustrated. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Loma, TN, USA

Apr 222014

Solstice 4-cyl

My vehicle recently stopped working. They repair shop (wilkins Buick--richie hwy, glen burnie, md)says the problem stems from the engine. I am concerned the repair shop knows that the problem is a result of the poor build/work from the GM manufacturer, and is unwilling to repair for free. Is there any recourse--can I get my engine problem fixed on GM. This car has given me numerous problems, and now I am unable to fix my car due to the high cost of the repair.

- Severn, MD, USA

Feb 172014

Solstice 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. The contact stated while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled as the check engine and battery warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was able to be restarted and the failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where they were unable to diagnose the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 04/29/14 MA the consumer stated the key would not turn in the ignition until after wiggling the steering wheel. The airbag light was on. Updated 05/2/2014

- Smithfeild, NC, USA

Mar 262009

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Solstice. The contact stated the air intake manifold malfunctioned causing the vehicle to overheat. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who could not remedy the intake manifold due to the lack of parts. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that there were no parts available. The failure mileage was 10,000. The current mileage was 70,000.

- Yuma, AZ, USA