Rear Brake Lights Don't Work All The Time

8.0

1999 Pontiac Sunfire lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Sunfire:

1999 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jul 172006

Sunfire LE

noticed back brakes not working and took to have fixed felt like a fool cause the guy said that there seemed to be nothing wrong, (because they started working again) now four weeks later the brake lights are not working again. I read here something about the electical harness shorting out. That is most likely my problem, and since that messes with the computer, that will be costly to repair. Now is Pontiac going to recall this and pay for this or is this going to be another out of pocket expense to me. I let the anti lock problem go because it was not covered under my warrenty, (I missed it by 200 miles) and it was going to cost me 300.00 dollars to replace. Since it does not catch and I have no brakes when I have to step on them hard and unless I let up on them. When is this going to end!!!!!

- , North Judson, IN, USA