Not Engaging Into Gear

2000 Pontiac Sunfire transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Sunfire:

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jul 072011

Sunfire 2.2L

I can't get my car out of park. I have no idea what to do, if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

I've read around a bit and feel that the following is important: -I can hear a click when I press on the brakes & the break lights do come on. -When I press the button on the shifter I can hear another click (sounds like it's coming from around the steering wheel), -I can't push it into neutral when the car is off, nor when I turn the ignition 1/4 of the way on (and of course it doesn't budge when it's started either). -The button on the shifter does stick.

- , Timmins, ON, canada

Jan 032011

Sunfire 2.2L

the darn car does not have power when shifted the 5th gear.

- , Spring Valley, AZ, USA