Makes A Grinding Noise

2001 Pontiac Sunfire engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire:

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Nov 292001

I purchased a 2001 Sunfire and after 3000km it started making this grinding noise from the engine. I had it into the dealership 3 times to be fixed and they admitted that they had no idea of what was wrong. I go to GM Canada and after a while they get back to me and tell me that it is "normal wear and tear on the vehicle" and that it is "normal characteristics of the vehicle". On a brand new 3 month old vehicle I do not think this is normal or acceptable!! Surprise-GM won't do a thing about it! I am looking to see if anyone else is experiencing this same problem, preferably in Canada and if they are taking the matter further!! Please let me know!

- , Ponoka, AB, Canada