Doors Are Rusting

9.0

2002 Pontiac Sunfire body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jul 092013

Sunfire 2.2L

I have had my 02' Pontiac Sunfire for about 10 years now, its got less than 90K miles, I dont use it a lot, I went to get it inspected. Last year the rust was starting to come through behind the doors, but it still passed inspection. This year I started to get a few problems coming close to inspection, The muffler fell off and the brakes started going out. I figured they could just put a new one on and fix the brakes but apparently the rust was so bad it ate through everything and my car looked like 200 years old under it. I would of had to replace all the brake lines, part of the sub frame, get body work and also the drive train. I didn't really drive this car a lot, and we did not have bad snow (salt), and I washed it pretty much every week, so I really don't know why it rusted so bad. End result, the car is totaled, not worth fixing, and I just scrapped it..

- , Jaffrey, NH, USA

Jun 012007

Sunfire SE 2.2

Vehicle is 4 years old and the bottoms of the damn doors are rotting away. This car wasn't garage kept but it was maintained. BS

- , CSquare, NY, USA