Computer Fried

8.0

2002 Pontiac Sunfire electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Nov 242010

Sunfire 2.2L

first the turning signals started cutting out in September and no longer work, then the sensors in the door went out, opening the door wont turn off radio are cause beeping if i have lights on or keys in, than my gas and temp gauge don't work, my car alarm goes off by its self, and my head lights/ day time lights flicker on and off.

- , sault ste marie, ontario, canada

Jul 162007

Sunfire 2.2L 4 cyl

The car has a terrible electrical system. To put in an after market stereo you have to buy a $100 interface in order to keep all the electric accessories and lights in working condition. We bought the interface from a well known electronics store at full cost and installed following the directions completely. We had no problems for about 2 months. One day shortly after about 2 months of having the stereo installed the daytime running lights started to flicker on and off, which caused the check engine light to flicker opposite of the running lights. The next day, when we tried to turn the high beams on all of the exterior and interior lights turned off. We turned the high beams off and all the lights came back on. Not a big problem, took it to my mechanic to have it inspected and told him what was going on and was concerned about it not passing inspection. My mechanic hooked it up to our states system and it passed inspection no problem. He looked further into the lights not working. Something with the stereo caused 3/4 of the cars computer to fry out. We were told the interface had something to do with it and it would cost around $600-$1000 to fix.

- , Rochester, NY, USA