7.4

2. replaced window motors (3 reports)
  3. family mechanic fixed for price of motor (1 reports)
  4. replace each motor (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Sunfire windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

May 262010

Sunfire GT 2.4L Twin Cam

Passenger side window rolled down and wont go up, all it does is make a clicking sound, it tries to move up a little bit but now it doesn't, and the driver side is starting to do that as well, it goes up then stops, what do I do?

- , Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Oct 102009

Sunfire 4 cyl

My 2002 Pontiac Sunfire driver and rear right windows works sometimes.

- , Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 142006

Sunfire 2.2L

I have had nothing but problems with the power windows since shortly after it was purchased as a trade from the dealer. First was the drivers side rear, then it wad the drivers side front starting in the winter and got progressively worse. Now it's the passenger side front. It's not bad enough you play a game of chance every time they are used, but the dealers manage to break something on the doors every time a repair is made. You would think at about $240.00 a pop you could at least get it repaired without creating more problems. Each repair, everyone plays stupid and has no idea how other things were damaged. "It was fine when it left" is the usual cover-up. So much for Quality, Workmanship and Dependability in the GM Product Line. I'm disgusted and the car is a constant problem.

PONTIAC, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Joe P.

- , Stanley, NY, US Minor Outlying Islands

Jun 232008

Sunfire

I have replaced the drivers window motor 2 yrs ago, it's out again along with all of the passenger windows. (this has happened over a 4 month period.) I don['t think a car with less than 25000 miles should be having this problem. I WILL NOT buy a Pontiac again.!!! My dogs are giving me HELL because I can not roll down their windows!! and they don't understand why.

- , North Bend, Oregon, USA

Feb 062008

Sunfire

This is the THIRD time this has happened! The first time happened around March of 2007. I went to a local shop and got it fixed for about $400. The second time happened around January of 2008. Got it fixed AGAIN >:/ This time, the driver's side window doesn't work, The passenger's side is fine. The mechanic said it's the power window switch that's messed up. Pontiac needs to get better power windows! Other than that, I've had no problems :)

- , Panama City, FL, USA

May 012005

Sunfire 2.2L Dohc

The driverside windows started to go up slowly when the temperature got above 85 degrees in the beginning. Now if it is above 60 degrees you have to spend about 10 minutes of pulling on it while pressing up. This really sucks because it goes down fine and if I let my girlfriend borrow the car it always comes back with window down and I'm the one who has to sit there and tug at the damn thing until it decides to go back up.

- , Moncks Corner, SC, USA

May 102007

Sunfire SE

My windows will roll down just fine, but they will only roll up a little at a time. If the car is just idling, they will not roll up at all. After driving a little, they will roll up a little more, then a little more, then a little more.... And heaven forbid you should roll them both down. It takes forever to get them back up. It has gotten progressively worse. It is very annoying.

- , San Angelo, TX, USA

Mar 112007

Sunfire V4

I had to go to the dealer... i was in college. So, I had them fixed.... the motor replace etc., etc., and now at 130,000 they're going again! Slowly, but surely..

- , New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA

Jan 162007

Sunfire

Ok, after only 2 1/2 years the drivers power window completly shut down. Thank god for family... although now it did it AGAIN and all 4 windows are useless!

- , Melbourne, Florida, USA

Jan 162007

Sunfire

This is the 2nd time the damn power window went out on the drivers side... this time is different though, instead of just failing to work, now it makes this awful grinding noise and still won't work, and the other 3 windows are getting stuck all the time.

- , Melbourne, Florida, USA