NHTSA — Visibility Problems

4.2

2002 Pontiac Sunfire windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire:

2002 Pontiac Sunfire Owner Comments

Jan 022009

Sunfire

This car was bought brand new. Since it's purchase we have had many issues. We had to replace the transmission at less than 20,000 (it was still under warranty though). My power windows have all stopped working and have been replaced (I've had to buy 7 different ones), my cigarette lighter fuse has been replaced twice, I have also had the problems with my headlights and they have had shorts and the wiring has needed replaced on both sides, and last finally my switch on my driver door that turns the dome light on and the radio off has needed changed 3 times now! we have had many problems with this car and I would never recommend this car to anyone!!

- Fredericktown, OH, USA

Feb 152005

Sunfire

Window motors are susceptible to water intrusion causing premature failure.

- Fountain Inn, SC, USA

Jul 152008

Sunfire

Passenger side window motor stopped working. Driver side window motor working slowly. Upon replacing the bad motor I noticed there was no assist spring on the window lifting assembly on either door. Although there is a spot for one on both assemblies. Assemblies that I had worked on in the past included these springs. I had thought that the assist springs were there to help the motor in lifting the window. Especially in a two door with larger windows.

- Wheeling, WV, USA