NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Switch Problems

2007 Pontiac Torrent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Torrent:

2007 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Feb 052014

Hi there, I am having trouble with the ignition switch on my 2007 Pontiac Torrent. This happens numerous times throughout the month. The car will shut off on it's own, while driving and I have had to coast to the shoulder and put the car in park and re start it, this is very dangerous I have also almost been hit a few times trying to coast to the shoulder. I also have the problem when I am parking and put it in park the key will not come out of the ignition. I have to drive around, back up, turn it off and on, etc just to get it out. I have called General Motors multiple times trying to have them fix this issue but they are very rude and disrespectful. This is not safe for me as this is my only vehicle and I am a full time college student.

- Haltom City, TX, USA