NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

0.5

2007 Pontiac Torrent engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Torrent:

2007 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Jul 072012

Torrent 6-cyl

• 1,100,000 miles

The 1st thing that happened was the stability trac warning came on, took to the dealership, they could not find anything wrong and reset, this happened several more times until I took it to the local garage and they replaced a sensor. After that the cruise control went out, was intermittent until it no longer works and they have not been able to determine the problem, so I have been without for a year. The next thing to go was the drivers side tail light, I have had the bulb replaced 4 times, it lasts about a day, the drivers side running lights went, bulb replaced several times, the shop has not been able to determine why, the code states an electrical problem, so I drive without drivers side running lights. Have been pulled over several times by police officers, they say they understand and told me to get in touch with GMC, which I have done. Still no result. Oh and I have taken it to the dealership, they cannot determine, but offered to find and repair for $700 and if GMC extends a recall, I will be reimbursed, so apparently in my estimations, they know the problem exists. What I am and have been going through reads very much like problems with other GMC products that have been recalled.

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

Feb 282010

Torrent

I have had an issue with this vehicle ongoing since I purchased it. The actual first that the company has documented is 2/2010, 3/2011, and currently 2/2012. First the stabilitrak light comes on then shortly after the engine light comes on then you loose power to the vehicle and cannot accelerate and it is difficult to direct. I have contacted GM on two occasions regarding this issue. It appears that others are having this issue as I googled the info on the problem. I am not asking GM for something for nothing I am only asking them to find out why this is an ongoing problem, obviously there is a defect in the car somewhere to have this occur every year around the same time. I am currently under the powetrain warranty but that will expire in may of this year and this cost anywhere from $600-$800. This problem can be very dangerous and they seem to fail to see the dangers in it. You loose all power to the vehicle!!!! what is not dangerous about that. You don't have much of a warning because once that light comes on that's it...wouldn't be a problem if you are close to home but both times I was approx. 200 miles from home. I only ask them to either fix the issue or replace the vehicle!!!!!

- Ashland, KY, USA

Feb 242010

Torrent

The contact owns a 2007 Pontiac Torrent. While driving approximately 55 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostics where the mechanic advised that the throttle body position sensor would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. One year after repairs, the stabilitrak warning light was illuminated. The contact stated that the steering became difficult and the vehicle became resistant to acceleration attempts. The vehicle was then towed to the dealer where the contact was awaiting the results of the diagnostics testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Ashland, KY, USA