2007 Pontiac Torrent steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Torrent:

2007 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 162006

Torrent 6-cyl

Driving the 2007 Pontiac Torrent at 70 mph, without any warning steering locked up and had no steering control. Got stopped in on coming traffic lane, thank goodness there was no traffic. Steering wheel was still locked up, shut off engine and checked outside of vehicle, started vehicle and had steering. Too it to dealer and he said he fixed it. Went to denver and was driving down I-25 luckily on the side lane when steering locked up again and this time I went into a snowbank, stopped inches before hitting retaining wall. Shut it off and started it and had steering again. Took car back to dealer and had for 3 weeks and says it's fixed, but won't tell if it is going to run off the road again. This vehicle has almost killed my family and I twice.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA