NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

3.1

2008 Pontiac Torrent brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac Torrent:

2008 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Oct 082013

Torrent

The first night I noticed the "service stabilitrak" light on the dashboard. The next night my battery completely died and I had to buy another one. Then, the dashboard said "service stabilitrak" sometimes and sometimes the brake light came on or it said "service traction control." From what I'm gathering online this is a common problem that will eventually lead to my "reduced engine power" light coming on and my speed will be limited to something like 10-20 mph and I'm afraid because I already work overnight and away from home. I only have a little over 56K miles on the truck and I got it a year ago with 24K miles on it. If the problem is this common, why is the vehicle not recalled? the dealership charges $80 to even put the car on the computer to see the problem...

- Lexington, MS, USA

Jun 062012

Torrent

The contact owns a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. The contact stated that the stabilitrak warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for correction of the failure. The technician replaced the brake pads and performed a brake system flush. In addition, the software was updated, the brake pressure modulator valve was replaced and the steering positioning sensor was replaced however, the remedies failed to correct the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 33,000 and the current mileage was 38,000.

- Ashburn, VA, USA