NHTSA — Wheels Problems

2008 Pontiac Torrent wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac Torrent:

2008 Pontiac Torrent Owner Comments

Dec 202013

Torrent

I had to replace my tires very early on due to premature wear (I think about 35K miles) so that is the first issue. After changing my tires, I noticed the vehicle's traction control seems to fail. I will be at a dead stop and go to accelerate when my tires slip and the traction flashes. I had my tires looked at and they were deemed to be fine. Now that it is snowing, it was at its worst today. It was fishtailing while I was driving on snow/icy roads and the tires won't grip the road at all for the first 400 feet or so every single time I go from a stop. This is ridiculous and I shouldn't be afraid to drive my vehicle. I felt more comfortable driving my Pontiac vibe or Grand Am in snow than this and they didn't have traction control!! nobody is taking this seriously, but I see other reports. There should be an immediate recall!!!

- Marysville, WA, USA