Sun Visor Falling Off

1999 Pontiac Trans Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Trans Am:

1999 Pontiac Trans Am Owner Comments

Oct 152012

Trans Am 5.7L

With both sun visors literally falling off onto the floor, it sure seems like a manufacture's defect. It is also a safety concern. This should be an official recall and this problem should be fixed by the manufacturer.

- , Napa, CA, USA

Jul 182014

Trans Am Convertible 5.7L V8

A few years ago the passenger sun visor failed -- it simply fell off one day as I was driving. Since the car was 13 years old, I thought this was bad but understandable based on the age. What happened was the metal arm which connected the visor to the ball joint in the mount had broken off. I bought two new ones (the other one's exterior was very worn) and had them installed.

The other day I was driving down the highway and the driver visor suddenly broke and hit me as I was driving. Upon examination, the same thing had happened as before. The metal arm had broken off in the ball joint again -- this time the visor was only 2 years old -- something I would not expect. The ragged edge of the metal arm cut my hand. I have not tried replacing it yet because of the cost ($80+) and the concern this will happen again and cause an accident.

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA