Diagnostics Plug Under Dash Doesn't Work

8.0

1995 Pontiac Transport electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Pontiac Transport:

1995 Pontiac Transport Owner Comments

Jul 292007

Transport 3.8L

MY DIAGNOSTICS PLUG UNDERDASH IS AN OBD1 TYPE! BUT IT HAS NO WIRE IN PORT (B) TO SHORT TO WIRE (A) SO AS TO READ OUT ERROR CODES WITH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHING. I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH OBD1 AND HAVE NO TROUBLE USING A PAPERCLIP READING ERROR CODES. I HAVE BEEN TO THE JUNK YARDS AND INVESTIGATED THE DIAGNOSTIC PLUGS. ALL SIMILAR VANS 1995 LUMINA-SILOUOTE-AND TRANSPORT HAVE THE SQUARE OBD1 PLUG BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE A WIRE IN PIN (B)! I HAD NO TROUBLE WITH CHECKING MY 1989 CHEVY TRUCK 0R 1993 CAVALIER. I HAVE AN OBDII READER BUT THE PLUG WILL NOT MATCH. I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT 1995 WAS A TRANSITION YEAR FOR DIAGNOSTICS,SO I HOPE THAT SOMEONE HAS A SOLUTION TO READING MY DIAGNOSTICS-MAYBE AN ADAPTER PLUG?

- , Miami, FL, USA