Speedometer Malfunction

1995 Pontiac Transport electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Pontiac Transport:

1995 Pontiac Transport Owner Comments

Aug 022006

Car first stalled out going 35mph. I noticed the speedometer not working and the trans hesitates and sometimes stalls out. We had the speedometer sensor replaced with no luck.

- , Chatham, NJ, USA

Aug 032006

This car drove great until last week. It stalled out at 35mph. The car started after 5 or 6 tries. After driving about a block or two I noticed that the speedometer stayed at "0" and the trans hesitated once in a while. After getting home I took the car out again after about one hour. It drove great. My speedometer was back and the car shifted good. I went to a store and spent 20 minutes shopping. Got back in the car and it drove lousy. It even stalled out again at a stop light, no speedometer and trans hesitated. My son is a mechanic. He took the car to work and hooked up the computer diagnosing unit. He got a reading to replace the speed sensor which he did. No luck! The speedometer still is at "0", the trans hesitates and shifts erratically. But sometimes the car rides great for a while, I get the speedometer back with no problems. My son hooked up the diagnosing unit again and couldn't get a code. What's up?

- , Chatham, NJ, USA