Overheating,Lose Of Fluid In Rad

1997 Pontiac Transport cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Pontiac Transport:

1997 Pontiac Transport Owner Comments

Jan 062014

Transport 3.4L

Just finished paying off a 1997 Pontiac transport. We're on disability and on a fixed income. 4 boys age 6,4,3 and a new born Nov.16th 2013.

Driving my van home the cooling system warning lights come on and engine starts overheating. I had to stop on the highway out in the middle of nowhere. Wife and kids starting to freeze inside the van. About an hour latter someone driving by stops, they take my wife and kids home for me and my wife calls the tow truck company.

2 weeks before this, I had Tirecraft here in BC install a new water pump, heater core, thermostat, and did a complete flush also and used the recommended Dexcool. Now on Friday Jan 10th 2014, I have to bring the van to Tirecraft to do some pressure test on the cooling system and heads. Top hose of rad is building so much pressure it looks like its going to blow.

For me this is a safety issue because of my children. Many people buy vans because they have children and a large family to drive to here and there etc. So how can GM make claim it is not a safety issue? Thought their main concern was for the families who buy their products. GM should send me a complete engine rebuild kit so I can take care of the heads and upper and lower intakes as the gaskets are probably toast now, or send me a next-to-new engine.,

- , Sicamous, BC, canada