NHTSA — Seats Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2003 Pontiac Vibe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Aug 112003

Vibe 4-cyl

Hello my name is angelo, I bought a 2003 ponitac Vibe in Dec of 02 since then I have had multiple minor problems with this car. I have been back and forth to the dealership so many times now I think that they think I work there. Since I have had this car I have had three hub caps replaced due to them turning a yellow color (from silver). The passenger seat started to tear in the seams..(I weigh 150 lb I dont think im too heavy) the seal on the drivers side window warped and had to be replaced, now the drivers side seat is starting to tear at the seams and will need to be replaced, the engine is starting to chirp like I have friggin crickets in first and second gear.....I dont know what the heck is going on with this thing but its down right annoying! I love the car its great but the constant trips to the dealer and on top of that they never once have offered to loan me a car while they fixed the defects in their products. This has been an inconvienence to me and my family. I want to know if anyone else has noticed these types of defects in their Vibe or if I got he lemon of the bunch. Please respond.

- Honolulu, HI, USA