Doors Open Too Wide

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

4.0

2003 Pontiac Vibe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Mar 062012

Vibe 1.8L

The doors on my Vibe open up WAY TOO FAR! There is no stopper, or regulator to keep the doors at a certain degree of opening. Although I make sure I park far enough away from other vehicles, the doors just freely swing all the way open. They easily get out of control if it's windy. This has caused scratches and damage to several vehicles where there may not have been an option to park far enough away to avoid hitting them. Often times too, my hands are full when exiting the car and I lose control of the door.

THIS IS HIGHLY IRRITABLE to me and the owners of the vehicles that have been hit.

I did price new door swings, but they were quite expensive! If I remember correctly, they were like $180.00 per door to replace.

The door regulator also scrapes up against the window glass when the window is down. I'm afraid it is going to shatter the driver's side window one of these days. One time when the window was down, I couldn't even open the driver's side door! I had to roll the window up to open the door.

It just ain't right!