Difficulties With Filling Gas Tank

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

8.0

2003 Pontiac Vibe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Nov 072008

Vibe

I don't know what the hell the problem is. I have tried to put fuel into my wife's car several different times at several different stations and I always get pissed off. It takes me anywhere between 15-20 minutes to put half a tank of fuel into the damn thing and now it's started spitting back out at me the last time I put fuel into it. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. I took it to a shop and they said it'll take a week to get the part (the fuel tube that leads to the tank) and it will cost me around $275 for parts and labor. I've looked to see if there was a recall or anything like that. No luck there of course. Does anyone know what might be the cause of having fuel spitting back out at me.

- , Chaumont, NY, USA