7.4

$1,159.00

2. replace 2 bearings in the transmission (1 reports)
  3. replaced 2 roller bearings (1 reports)
2003 Pontiac Vibe transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Vibe:

2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Apr 102011

Vibe limited 1.3L

We own a 2003 Pontiac Vibe 5 speed and have started to experence these problems.There is loud clicking noise going down the road. When pressing in the clutch the noise seems to go away. It seems to run fine but for the noise and we don't want to cause further damage does anyone have any ideas?

- , Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania, USA

Jan 192009

Vibe 1.8L

I am hearing the same noises that everyone else is hearing from the transmission. Sound like a tapping noise that goes away when the clutch is pressed in. I have not bought this to Pontiac yet but hopefully this will point them to the right direction in getting this resolve. Hard to believe the timing with this with these vehicle. Will updated site after been to Pontiac.

- , Round Rock, TX, USA

Jan 162008

Vibe 1.8L

noise started quietly last week and is getting progressively louder, loudest at 30-40mph.

Seems to be a bearing in the transmission, currently in process of getting estimates and have an appt with the dealer tomorrow. Looks like the transmission will have to be broke down to repair.

- , Campbellsville, KY, USA

Nov 092007

Vibe

It sounds like a bearing problem, but not sure yet. The sound gets louder as I accelerate. It is getting increasing worse.

Checking this site to see if others have experienced the same problem and I can see they have. I would like to get info. from them to help solve the problem.

- , Mt. Juliet, TN, USA

Aug 042007

Vibe 1.8L

I haven't had it fixed yet, but I see I am not alone. My friends at the garage said it will need a new transmission. But it has less than 60000 miles. I've had it a year and thought I was buying Toyota reliability with it. This is unacceptable. I am a single mom with my first child going off to college, completely broke and I have a $1000 repair looming. I'm not sure to whom I complain. I bought it used from a Honda dealer out of town. Do I start with the local Pontiac dealer?

- , Decorah, IA, USA

Apr 232006

Vibe

The problem was scored bearings in a 5 speed manual transmision that seemed to get louder as your speed increased. When the clutch was depressed the noise went away. The vehicle was out of warranty but after many phone conversations with GM customer service, and sending a 3 page letter describing the problems in detail they did reinburse me for the total repair bill.

- , Grass Lake, MI, USA

Apr 232006

Vibe

This is the second time in three years I have experienced the same problem with the 5 speed manual transmission on my 03 Vibe.

- , Grass Lake, MI, USA