NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members Problems

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

6.2

2004 Pontiac Vibe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Vibe:

2004 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Aug 162008

Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe original tires worn out by 24000 miles, second set had severe vibration unable to fix and worn out 38K, dealer aligned and put in shim, 3rd set tires same problem severe vibration and noise just under 50K miles. Tire shop said prob with car and suspension, keeps cupping tires.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 102006

Vibe

I am the owner of a 2004 Pontiac Vibe. I came across an article in the el paso times from the associated press regarding the front driver and passenger windows shattering when it is being raised and lowered. I did have this happen to me in my Pontiac Vibe. The window shattered as I was raising it. I went into the Pontiac dealer and they had a very hard time getting the parts they needed to repair the window, it took them almost a week to have my car ready. When I picked up the car it was still not fixed correctly. They took the car back into the garage while I waited and made some adjustments to it and when they brought the car out to me they told me that this was the best they could do. Air comes through the window because it is not sealed correctly. They said the window was secure and should not shatter again.

- Horizon City, TX, USA